Our changing workforce and expanding markets demand higher levels of cultural competence—the ability to shift cultural perspective and adapt behavior and communication styles to successfully accomplish business results. Building Cultural Competence, sponsored by Ohio National Financial Services, develops skills for building bridges across the cultural, political and social divides in our region and our country.
- Measuring the cultural competence of the participants and charting improvements over time.
- Enhancing understanding of one’s own worldview and cultural identity, including implicit/unconscious bias.
- Increasing knowledge of differences viewed through race, ethnicity and gender.
- Equipping participants with tools for communication and behavior that bridge differences.
- Creating an ongoing, cross-cultural dialogue that examines how we increase inclusion in our region.
- Fostering a network of individuals, companies and groups who serve as champions of change in our communities.
- Skill building for cultural competence from awareness to knowledge to skills.
- The impact of our emotions (EQ) on how we relate to and deal with differences.
- Help participants understand how their moral foundations impact decision making.
- The neuroscience of bias and strategies to mitigate bias.
- Participants map out SMART goals at the end of the program with a focus on action planning that is designed to create system change and impact.
TIMEFRAME (Hosting In-person; locations TBD)
September 14 - November 30
Session 1: September 14th, 4 - 6:30pm
Session 2: September 28th, 8:30am – 12:30pm
Session 3: October 12th, 8:30am – 12:30pm
Session 4: October 26th, 8:30am – 12:30pm
Session 5: November 9th, 8:30am – 12:30pm
Session 6: November 30th, 4 - 6:30pm
*This time may change since this will be graduation.
- 278 leaders have graduated since 2017
- 114 leaders participated in Fall Virtual Learning Format
- More than 60+ organizations represented
- Cultural competence increased 11 points (7 is significant)
PARTICIPANTS & COST
The program is open to business, non-profit and community leaders from all sectors. Tuition is $1,500 for Chamber Members and $2,500 for Non Members. Fees includes the cost for all of the sessions and two intercultural competence assessments and two individual coaching sessions. There is a $50 application fee. Partial grants may be available for those with a financial need.
Participants of the program will be required to engage in pre-class assignments which will require approximately 1-3 hours during the weeks prior to each session. Will you be able to contribute the time needed to fulfill these assignments?
Questions? Contact Spencer Mapes 513.579.3198.