Principles of the Minority Business Accelerator
The Accelerator is an extension of your team and aims to help you meet your Diversity & Inclusion goals.
- The Accelerator will define the continuum of Goal Setter minority business enterprise (MBE) capabilities - from starting points to the gold standard of capabilities - and will meet you where you currently are on the spectrum.
- The Accelerator will help you grow your MBE capabilities.
- To help your company meet its purchasing needs, the Accelerator will connect you with our MBE Portfolio firms. If you need additional assistance beyond our portfolio, the Accelerator researches and provides additional MBE options.
- The Accelerator confidentially gathers information to enable deal flow of mainstream and MBE businesses for sale - and to provide deal-backing financial partners (banking partners, local minority capital).
Expectations of Goal Setters
Diversify your supplier pipeline and fuel innovation while improving our local community and economy.
- Commit to an inclusive vendor environment.
- Set a percent of total spending and funds annual MBE spending goal and define key spend opportunities (capital investment, construction, services, IT etc.) for the next two years.
- Willingness to confidentially share internal supplier diversity and MBE development process.
- Willingness to confidentially share how many and with which diverse firms your company does business.
- Willingness to confidentially share your company’s markets, spend areas and totals.
- Commitment from your company’s CEO, CPO, Supplier Diversity Officer, and Key Spend Pool contacts.
- Actively work with the Accelerator to identify MBE spending growth opportunities.
- Partner with the Accelerator to share success stories and best practices with other Goal Setters.
Minority Business Accelerator Goal Setters
Interested in becoming a Corporate Goal Setter? Contact a member of the Accelerator staff.