The Minority Business Accelerator establishes relationships with the best regional, minority-owned companies, known as portfolio firms, and provides advisory support and coaching to help them acquire resources needed to excel.
The Minority Business Accelerator provides individually-tailored advisory support and coaching to help Portfolio Firms acquire the things they need to excel: A strong business strategy, access to capital, and connections within corporate organizations
. When we ensure that each firm is ready to take on new business and excel while growing, we introduce them to corporate leaders in our region known as Goal Setters.
Principles of the Minority Business Accelerator
The Accelerator is an extension of your team and aims to help your business achieve continued and sustainable growth.
- The Accelerator provides unique, individually-tailored advisory support and coaching to help your firm acquire the things you need to excel.
- As a Portfolio Firm, the Accelerator will work with you and your firm where you are on the continuum of capacity and capability. The Accelerator provides Portfolio Firms with business development services, including:
- Strategic planning and financial analysis
- Ongoing efforts to provide access to potential procurement and capital opportunities
- Support for high-valued mergers and acquisitions
- Educational and networking opportunities
Expectations of Portfolio Firms
- Work closely with the Accelerator to develop a business strategy that defines where your business will play and how it will win.
- Willingness to confidentially share financials, customer lists, and other key company data.
- Strategically align with the Accelerator’s five-year goal of creating an additional 3,500 new jobs and $1 billion in aggregate annual sales among our region’s minority-owned companies.
Meet Our Portfolio Firms
Interested in becoming a Portfolio Firm? Contact a member of the Accelerator staff.